[openmoko-announce] WikiReader

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Tue Oct 13 07:51:42 CEST 2009

Dear Community!

Today, with the greatest of pleasure, I am ready to share with you the
birth of our third product -- WikiReader. Three simple buttons put
three million Wikipedia articles in the palm of your hand. Accessible
immediately, anytime, anywhere without requiring an Internet
connection. No strings attached. With WikiReader you'll be prepared
for those unexpected moments when curiosity strikes. And once you have
it, you'll realize how often you ask yourself questions during the
day.

WikiReader takes our original ideas of openness and accessibility to
an even greater realm. WikiReader is so amazingly simple. There really
is no interface. You turn it on and instantly become immersed in the
rich world of reading specific topics or the serendipitous pleasure of
discovering something by chance. It's perfect for all ages.

 From the "Aha!" moment when we held our first prototypes, to the last
few months as we worked around the clock to polish every last detail,
this product was a joy to make and even more fun to experience. We are
head-over-heels in love with WikiReader. Never have I found so much
fun in the little moments of curiosity life offers us. Try one and I'm
sure you'll agree that we've delivered the essence of reading
Wikipedia in an addictively simple form factor.

Sales start today at http://thewikireader.com. Enjoy. Tell your
friends. And let us know what you think!

Sincerely

Sean Moss-Pultz