Openmoko Bug #1646: $PATH not correctly honoured by the shell?

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Fri Aug 1 09:37:12 CEST 2008

#1646: $PATH not correctly honoured by the shell?
 Reporter:  Strolls  |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |       Status:  new
Blockedby:           |

Comment(by haduong at

 I too get PATH issues when I login as myself, then do an  su  to root.
 Root has a non-empty password here. This prevents some  opkg  post-install
 procedures, as I get errors like:

 Configuring kernel-module-hci-usb
 //usr/lib/opkg/info/kernel-module-hci-usb.postinst: line 11: modprobe: not
 Configuring kernel-module-usbserial
 /tmp/opkg-intercept-1498-0/update-modules: line 1: update-modules: not
 update-modules: No such file or directory
 /tmp/opkg-intercept-1498-0/depmod: line 1: depmod: not found
 depmod: Illegal seek

 A workaround is to ssh as root directly.