Openmoko Bug #1746: qtmail closes connection when sending SMTP mail with TLS

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Aug 5 02:35:47 CEST 2008

#1746: qtmail closes connection when sending SMTP mail with TLS
 Reporter:  ssinger  |       Owner:  zecke
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  Qtopia   |     Version:  current svn head
 Severity:  normal   |    Keywords:  qtmail,ssl
 Blocking:           |   Blockedby:
 When I try to send email through qtmail it gives me an "unknown error".

 I configure outgoing email to use SMTP with TLS
 server: (This actually points to a hotmail run server)
 Encryption: TLS
 Authentication: Plain or Login, same results

 qtmail sends the EHELO, then the STARTTLS
 The email server replies with server ready and then qtmail closes the
 connection and prints "unknown error"

 If I start qtmail from a terminal I see

 Cannot find SSL certificates "(my buildpath/mailtransport.cpp:45"
 QsslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv3_client_method

 are unresolved.

 This was with an Aug 2 2008 build