Openmoko Bug #1750: Range-based automatic network configuration

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Aug 5 23:27:41 CEST 2008

#1750: Range-based automatic network configuration
 Reporter:  Mercury      |       Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Component:  unknown      |     Version:
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:
 Blocking:               |   Blockedby:
 I'm not sure if anyone has a plan like this in the works, but I thought
 I'd fire it up here because it's something I've never seen before and I
 think it would be really great.

 There should be software or a configuration option that automatically
 configures your network connection, based on whether you're in range of a
 wifi, bluetooth, or GPRS transceiver.

 Suggested configuration options:
 -Change IP when in entering or leaving range of preferred connections
 -Resort to open wifi connections (Yes/No/Ask)
 etc etc.