Openmoko Bug #1766: GSM Antenna Signal

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sun Aug 10 00:56:22 CEST 2008

#1766: GSM Antenna Signal
 Reporter:  dexteruk            |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  assigned
Blockedby:                      |

Comment(by madjo):

 How do I figure out if I have the GTA2v3 or 1?

 I flashed my Neo Freerunner (that I bought via to the 2008.8
 images that was linked on the wiki page of OM 2008.8 (I retrieved them on
 Friday 08/08/2008), and I have the same problem as mentioned in the write
 I get asked to enter my pin. I do so, and it's accepted. But then I let
 the device wait for about 30 minutes, but it never picks up a network with
 2008.8, whereas 2007.02 picked up a network almost immediately after
 entering my PIN.
 I can reproduce this every time I start up the phone with a SIM in it.

 I have yet to try whether I can receive calls. I doubt that I can, but I
 will try it.