Openmoko Bug #1778: keyboard on 2008.8 is almost unusable

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sun Aug 10 08:49:17 CEST 2008

#1778: keyboard on 2008.8 is almost unusable
 Reporter:  billk     |        Owner:  zecke
     Type:  defect    |       Status:  new
Blockedby:            |

Comment(by olberger):

 Replying to [comment:5 billk]:
 > If you read the title of this bug, you will see it has nothing to do
 with showing/hiding the keyboard which is the ticket you are referring to!
 > BillK

 With the ability to show the dialog which allows starting a qwerty
 keyboard, it would become less unusable :
 > 3. a full qwerty keyboard (a usable one like that in the FSO, or the
 matchbox one.)

 So I guess "fixing" #1654 would help a great deal...

 Still it wouldn't help a lot wrt the fact that dictionary is english and
 you may want to write in other languages for instance.