Openmoko Bug #1778: keyboard on 2008.8 is almost unusable

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sun Aug 10 09:40:33 CEST 2008

#1778: keyboard on 2008.8 is almost unusable
 Reporter:  billk     |        Owner:  zecke
     Type:  defect    |       Status:  new
Blockedby:            |
Changes (by billk):

  * blockedby:  1654 =>

 Replying to [comment:8 olberger]:
 > Replying to [comment:6 olberger]:
 > > Replying to [comment:5 billk]:
 > > >
 > > > If you read the title of this bug, you will see it has nothing to do
 with showing/hiding the keyboard which is the ticket you are referring to!

 > > > BillK
 > > >

 > > With the ability to show the dialog which allows starting a qwerty
 keyboard, it would become less unusable :

 #1654, I understand better now that it indeed doesn't address the problem
 of the full qwerty keyboard missing.
 > It is a bit more useable as the qwerty keyboard can appear right away at
 a single tap on the "qwerty" button in the top row, but then, the rest of
 its limitations are still there.
 > We indeed need "a full qwerty keayboard", even if it's easier to make it

 Ive removed the block you entered.  Please do not put blocks on bugs you
 do not understand.  That bug is irrelevant and from a version WEEKS ago.
 The bug as it is entered here is that that 2008.8 does not have a keyboard
 that is usable for anything other than english SMS.  If you wish to raise
 something about a keyboard switcher, please raise a bug to detail THAT
 problem.  In the meantime, I hope you have not confused people so much
 they ignore this bug.