Openmoko Bug #1800: Add stylus centric keyboard or keyboard mode.

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sun Aug 10 21:50:34 CEST 2008

#1800: Add stylus centric keyboard or keyboard mode.
 Reporter:  Ansible      |       Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Component:  unknown      |     Version:  OM-2008.08
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:  keyboard stylus
 Blocking:               |   Blockedby:
 I'd like to see another keyboard made available for 2008.08 that is
 optimized for stylus use.  To me this would involve:
 - immediate character entry rather than after a 1-2 second delay.
 - disabling predictive text entry.

 I can think of a couple ways to do this:

 1) have an alternate keyboard program that either replaces the current
 2008.8 keyboard, or can be switched with it from in the GUI someplace.

 2) add a nonpredictive stylus mode to the 2008.08 keyboard.  When you
 click on a letter, you get it, without a disambiguation 'balloon'.