Openmoko Bug #1805: SD card corruption with 2008.8

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Aug 11 11:47:48 CEST 2008

#1805: SD card corruption with 2008.8
 Reporter:  Yorick   |       Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  unknown  |     Version:
 Severity:  blocker  |    Keywords:
 Blocking:           |   Blockedby:
 I boot 2008.8 from SD. everything wen fine, but after a few days when I
 rebooted i got into illume in stead of 2008.8 (an example:
 Before that reboot I had not done a single opkg upgrade. (I had installed
 some apps like supertux and pidgin). Raster recommened deleting my e
 folder and rebooting.
 When rebooting it hung on

 "Starting Xserver
 [90.660000]  PM: Removing info for No Bus:vcs3
 [90.660000]  PM: Removing info for No Bus:vcsa3"

 i could ssh in and did an opkg update && opkg upgrade

 when rebooting I get tons of messages:
 "[576.370000] EXT2-fs error (device mmcblk0p2): exté_free_blocks: bit
 already learned for block 16962"
 (this message appears for a lot of blocks"

 I have a gta02v5 and I'm using the sd card that I got with my freerunner.
 (first partition is 8M fat, second is ext2)