Openmoko Bug #1834: openmoko-dialer2 crashes when no dbus connection could be set (bad error init)

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Mon Aug 18 01:56:43 CEST 2008

#1834: openmoko-dialer2 crashes when no dbus connection could be set (bad error
init)
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  LeRoutier  |          Owner:  julian_chu
     Type:  defect     |         Status:  new
Component:  Distro     |        Version:
 Severity:  normal     |       Keywords:
Blockedby:             |   Reproducible:
 Blocking:             |
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 launching phone-kit manually, I had it crashing badly :

 root at om-gta02:/var/volatile/tmp# phone-kit

 ** (process:1862): CRITICAL **: Failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
 dbus-launch failed to autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch requested, but
 X11 support not compiled in.
 Cannot continue.

 Segmentation fault

 #0  0x40a58c88 in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
 #1  0x4082d564 in dbus_free () from /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3
 #2  0x4081baac in dbus_error_free () from /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3
 #3  0x0000f7c4 in main ()

 Attached patch fixes this

 This happens because DBus error is badly initialized
 I didn't check in other places if this programming error is anywhere else

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1834>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>