Openmoko Bug #1842: Verbosity & informational improvements to dfu-util

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Aug 20 03:18:51 CEST 2008

#1842: Verbosity & informational improvements to dfu-util
 Reporter:  wiml            |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  enhancement     |         Status:  new
Component:  host utilities  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal          |       Keywords:  patch
Blockedby:                  |   Reproducible:  always
 Blocking:                  |
 I was trying to figure out what dfu-util is doing wrong on my system. I
 made a handful of changes which I've included in this patch:

  - include underlying libusb error in dfu-util failure messages
  - make a second -v turn on verbose USB logging
  - document -v in the man page
  - extra details in error messages in a couple places
  - fix a couple of typos