Openmoko Bug #676: dfu-util upload causes data corruption (was: dfu-upload on GTA02v1 causes data corruption)

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Aug 20 08:37:06 CEST 2008

#676: dfu-util upload causes data corruption
    Reporter:  laforge at  |        Owner:  willie_chen at
        Type:  defect                |       Status:  reopened
Reproducible:                        |     Blocking:
Changes (by roh):

 * cc: buglog at, werner at (removed)
 * cc: werner (added)
  * component:  u-boot => host utilities
  * version:  current svn head =>
  * keywords:  => dfu

Old description:

> It seems like dfu-upload on GTA02v1 results in a corrupted image.
> This is not 100% verified yet, but I just file this as a reminder to
> myself (and
> a warning to other GTA02v1 prototype testers).

New description:

 It seems like dfu-util upload results in a corrupted image.

 the problem seems to be independant of hardware.

 remark: dfu-util upload means from device -> pc

 dfu uses upload/download in a 'device centric' view, NOT in a 'host
 centric' one