Openmoko Bug #676: dfu-util upload causes data corruption

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Aug 20 17:39:03 CEST 2008

#676: dfu-util upload causes data corruption
    Reporter:  laforge at  |        Owner:  willie_chen at
        Type:  defect                |       Status:  reopened
Reproducible:                        |     Blocking:

Comment(by kho):

 When I try to upload the root fs from my Neo Freerunner to the PC with
 dfu-util as mentioned in the
 Flash_Backup page, I get an error near the end of the upload operation -
 the good-rootfs.jffs2 file has size 258076672 at that time.

 $ dfu-util -a rootfs -R -U good-rootfs.jffs2
 dfu-util - (C) 2007 by OpenMoko Inc.
 This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

 Opening USB Device 0x0000:0x0000...
 Claiming USB DFU Runtime Interface...
 Determining device status: state = appIDLE, status = 0
 Device really in Runtime Mode, send DFU detach request...
 Resetting USB...
 Opening USB Device...
 Found Runtime: [0x1d50:0x5119] devnum=6, cfg=0, intf=0, alt=6,
 Claiming USB DFU Interface...
 Setting Alternate Setting ...
 Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
 dfuIDLE, continuing
 Transfer Size = 0x1000
 dfu_upload error -84

 dfu-util version: 0.1+svn4556
 U-Boot from NOR boot menu: 1.3.2-moko12 (May  9 2008 - 10:28:48)