Openmoko Bug #1766: [GSM Signal] no signal, can't make phone call but can receive calls

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Thu Aug 21 17:09:21 CEST 2008

#1766: [GSM Signal] no signal, can't make phone call but can receive calls
    Reporter:  dexteruk            |        Owner:  zecke
        Type:  defect              |       Status:  assigned
Reproducible:                      |     Blocking:

Comment(by zecke):

 Replying to [comment:52 friede]:
 > Replying to [comment:51 wilk]:
 > > I spoke too soon.
 > >
 > > The phone gets registered in no time (carrier name appears, 4 bars...)
 but most calls get disconnected as soon as I dial out. I attached a
 logread where a call to number 660 (special number from my carrier) but
 all the others (680 : another special one and regular 10 digits numbers)
 failed in the same manner.
 > I diffed the two trees. The qtopia-phone used in the freerunner and the
 qtopia snapshot.
 > Even after removing all files ending in html, svg, png and gif all
 */help */examples
 > */sounds */skins the diff -Naur is nearly 50MB. The difference between
 the devices trees
 > is 460KB. The differences are mainly technical. But thats how I found
 the differences.
 > Whoever ported qtopia-phone has to go through this huge heap.

 Check our git repository at So the pure diff is so big
 because a lot of files got renamed and moved to different locations.....