Openmoko Bug #1938: tzdata package should not overwrite /etc/localtime

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sun Aug 31 17:00:45 CEST 2008

#1938: tzdata package should not overwrite /etc/localtime
 Reporter:  niccolo  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown  |        Version:  Om2007.2
 Severity:  normal   |       Keywords:
Blockedby:           |   Reproducible:  always
 Blocking:           |
 Today I upgraded tzdata package to version 2007k-r3 and I discovered that
 my symbolic link /etc/localtime was replaced by a file.

 We should add /etc/localtime to the package conffiles.