Openmoko Bug #1841: white screen of death (WSOD) after resume

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Dec 2 02:31:51 CET 2008

#1841: white screen of death (WSOD) after resume
 Reporter:  Rorschach  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect     |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown    |        Version:  GTA02v5
 Severity:  critical   |       Keywords:  wsod,resume
 Haspatch:  0          |      Blockedby:
Estimated:             |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:             |   Reproducible:  always

Comment(by nicolas.dufresne):

 Andy: I've try the reset switch but it won't clear the white screen. I can
 see the kernel output telling me it did something. I've also try to
 manually switch the driver state, but again it did not clear the WSOD.
 Maybe we have to reset everything on the SPI ?

 Note that I've produce the bug without suspend (just blanking) and I'm
 running latest andy-tracking kernel (2.6.28-GTA02_andy-