Openmoko Bug #2056: /etc/resolv.conf is empty on first boot

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Dec 8 05:20:50 CET 2008

#2056: /etc/resolv.conf is empty on first boot
 Reporter:  rwhitby  |          Owner:  john_lee
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  assigned
Component:  Distro   |        Version:
 Severity:  normal   |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0        |      Blockedby:
Estimated:           |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:           |   Reproducible:  always

Comment(by john_lee):

 Replying to [comment:10 newkirk]:
 > /IS/ udev capable of this given that the USB port is in g_ether mode,
 not usb host?  I was unable to see any reaction whatsoever.  I ended up
 writing support to trigger usb0 up/down off power supply sensing.

 thanks for the info.  I have downloaded netfix-j2 and will give it a go as
 soon as I find time.