Openmoko Bug #1933: usb network connection flaky

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Fri Dec 26 18:56:18 CET 2008

#1933: usb network connection flaky
 Reporter:  olberger  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect    |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown   |        Version:  Om2008.9-dev
 Severity:  normal    |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0         |      Blockedby:
Estimated:            |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:            |   Reproducible:

Comment(by olberger):

 I have changed my /etc/network/interfaces setup on the Debian desktop at
 the other end of the usb cable to set :

 allow-hotplug usb0
 iface usb0 inet static
         post-up ifconfig usb0 -multicast

 I think this may be improving the situation, as this seems to deactivate
 avahi's monitoring of that network interface.

 Maybe that would be a solution.