Openmoko Bug #1583: disable blank time, keep suspend/resume

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Thu Jul 10 06:21:16 CEST 2008

#1583: disable blank time, keep suspend/resume
 Reporter:  will        |       Owner:  raster at
     Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
Component:  E - Illume  |     Version:
 Severity:  normal      |    Keywords:
 Blocking:              |   Blockedby:
 we don't want blank time, only suspend/resume in ASU.
 the problem is suspend does not auto-activate unless we go into blank time
 marek mentioned a solution to set suspend after blank time to 1 sec, thus
 changing 'suspend' in exposure is actually changing blank time..  Is that
 Not sure how this should work.
 from user space, we only want the screen to go on/off and re-activating it
 through the power-key, thus keeping usage patterns consistent.
 I think this is the final piece to fix before we can remove the config
 icon in Top Bar.