Openmoko Bug #1079: Dialer does not work - method does not exist

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Jul 23 21:10:23 CEST 2008

#1079: Dialer does not work - method does not exist
 Reporter:  cayco at   |        Owner:  chris at
     Type:  defect           |       Status:  reopened
Blockedby:                   |
Changes (by AntonTakk):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

 When I first received my freerunner i was able to make one call, after
 shutting the phone down and rebooting it later I have continuously had
 this problem with three different 2007.2 images - including the most
 recent i have tried (2008-07-12)

 The problem seems (to me) to definitely be related to phone-kit, if phone-
 kit is listed as defunct in ps -A output, I can not make/receive calls or
 send/receive sms, i was able to start phone-kit in the terminal on the
 phone once and then was able to make and receive calls and sms again.

 I will attach output from stderr and stdout from trying to run phone-kit

 Is there any other info that might be helpfull?