Openmoko Bug #1656: Bad A2DP performance

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Jul 28 22:38:02 CEST 2008

#1656: Bad A2DP performance
 Reporter:  Mercury  |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |       Status:  new
Blockedby:           |
Changes (by Mercury):

  * version:  => unspecified
  * severity:  normal => major

 I tried the same bluetooth headphones on my Linux PC machines using the
 same methods, and a USB bluetooth dongle.

 I got good performance at short range.  (At long range, like 5 meters
 away, I get the same crappy performance, but I guess that's normal for
 bluetooth)  Whereas my openmoko phone could literally be touching my
 headset and still get terrible performance.

 I have yet to try my bluetooth dongle connected to my freerunner.

 Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I don't know if I'm alone in
 this.  Is the freerunner just not designed for the level of bluetooth
 throughput that A2DP requires?