Openmoko Bug #876: finished usb host patch

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Jul 16 14:10:06 CEST 2008

#876: finished usb host patch
 Reporter:  zeroping at  |        Owner:  michael at
     Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  closed
Blockedby:                      |

Comment(by andy):

 Just to clarify what I meant on the last post, I have tried USB host mode
 and it works fine, whether what we have used this patch or not I am not
 sure.  But what we got does work on kernels for some months.

 Here's a cheat sheet for using USB host mode on Freerunner successfully:

 # tell the USB stack the USB socket is logically a host now

   echo host > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2410-ohci/usb_mode

 # get the Freerunner to provide 5V out on the USB socket

   echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/neo1973-pm-host.0/hostmode