Openmoko Bug #1514: wifi policy needed

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Jun 30 09:39:11 CEST 2008

#1514: wifi policy needed
 Reporter:  marek            |        Owner:  will
     Type:  defect           |       Status:  new
Changes (by will):

 * cc: raster at (added)

 * When the phone is turned on - should wifi be an/disabled ?

 disabled by default during boot, user has to turn it on if they want it.

 * Should the phone scan for wifi networks all the time ?
 Yes. If enabled, it keeps scanning.
 Important thing is to show a 'Wifi Icon' indicating that Wifi is in fact
 enabled, scanning, and eating up battery.

 * After turning on the wifi should the phone connect to known networks
 automatically ?
 *Only to crypted ?
 No.  Auto-connect to any known network.
 *What if we have more than one known network ?
 Strongest encrypted wins.

 * What should the phone do if we loose the connection to our current
 network ?

 * What if we are connected to a network and later we find a better,
 stronger network?
 Keep current connection.

 * How do we store passwords?
 Store passwords plain, and keep your Neo somewhere safe..