Openmoko Bug #2088: [Testing] The settings app cannot be started

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sat Nov 1 22:43:20 CET 2008

#2088: [Testing] The settings app cannot be started
    Reporter:  dolfje    |        Owner:  marek
        Type:  defect    |       Status:  closed
   Blockedby:            |    Estimated:
 Patchreview:            |     Blocking:
Reproducible:            |

Comment(by pooze):

 I have the same problem. Updated to the testing repo just a few hours ago.
 Struggled getting my icons back. Now they are back, but still cannot open
 Settings. Tried running it from the commandline, which gives me the
 following output:

 root at om-gta02:~# -f run
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/", line 304, in <module>
     import etk
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/etk/", line 1, in
     from core import *
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/etk/", line 1, in <module>
     import c_etk
 ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/etk/ undefined
 symbol: evas_list_append

 Hope this is helpfull. I have no permission to re-open though.