Openmoko Bug #2114: use geoclue for location awareness

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Nov 12 16:51:14 CET 2008

#2114: use geoclue for location awareness
    Reporter:  candrews     |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
        Type:  enhancement  |       Status:  new
   Blockedby:               |    Estimated:
 Patchreview:               |     Blocking:
Reproducible:               |
Changes (by zecke):

  * owner:  julian_chu => openmoko-devel
  * priority:  highest => normal
  * component:  Distro => unknown
  * milestone:  FSO =>

 Thank you for your wishlist item. We are well
 aware] of GeoClue. If you think FSO should consider GeoClue please file a
 wishlist item in their bugtracker as well.

 In case you are interested. There is a draft for Geolocation,
 WebKit has a implementation and there are
 [ patches] in the bugtracker
 to add a Geoclue implementation for WebKit/gtk+.

 If you want to help you can add Geoclue to OpenEmbedded, so that Openmoko
 can make use of it.

 According to our bug filing policy, which you should have read, I'm
 removing milestones and components.