Openmoko Bug #666: 3G SIM capability

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Thu Nov 20 16:08:19 CET 2008

#666: 3G SIM capability
 Reporter:  steven.demetrius at  |        Owner:  michael
     Type:  defect                      |       Status:  new
 Blocking:                              |

Comment(by Kev):

 carcinoma - thank you a lot for your hint!
 I've just flashed my gsm modem, too and did the FIRST call with the
 freerunner in my life. Thats very amazing because I have the freerunner
 already for 5 month now...but couldn't use my sim, until NOW :). A few
 moments before I read your post, I still thought, that I will never be
 able to make a call. What a surprise :).
 It works now with my O2 sim card in Germany without a PIN and I'm quite
 happy. I haven't test it with sim-pin.
 I've used the howto here[1] with the newest firmware moko10beta2.

 Btw. I've got birthday in a few days...that is really a very nice present,
 thanks :)!