Openmoko Bug #930: kexec fails on the neo; requires existing kexec ATAG patch

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Thu Nov 27 00:32:21 CET 2008

#930: kexec fails on the neo; requires existing kexec ATAG patch
 Reporter:  mwester@…        |        Owner:  laforge@…
     Type:  defect           |       Status:  closed
 Blocking:                   |

Comment(by lindi):

 [ I don't seem to have permission to reopen this bug, could somebody with
 sufficient permissions do it? ]

 Re #2135 I was investigating different ways to save kernel panic
 messages so that they can be retrieved later and thought I should try
 kdump which uses kexec only to notice that kexec does not quite work:

 With stable-tracking at 1b17c67794364bee I built kexec-tools from the
 debian source package 20080324-2 and tried

 sudo kexec -l /boot/uImage2.bin --append="`cat /proc/cmdline`"
 sudo kexec -e

 but got only WSOD. The device also did not show up as usb device or
 blink any leds.

 My /proc/cmdline contains
 rootfstype=jffs2 root=/dev/mtdblock6 console=ttySAC2,115200 console=tty0
 loglevel=8 regular_boot mtdparts=physmap-
 rootfstype=ext2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootdelay=5
 in case it matters.