Openmoko Bug #2056: /etc/resolv.conf is empty on first boot

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Oct 8 06:03:08 CEST 2008

#2056: /etc/resolv.conf is empty on first boot
    Reporter:  rwhitby  |        Owner:  julian_chu
        Type:  defect   |       Status:  new
Reproducible:  always   |     Blocking:

Comment(by marek):

 Replying to [comment:5 newkirk]:
 > So the 'real' solution as I see it is to have resolv.conf populated
 'correctly' for usb0, but bring usb0 down when no usb cable is present.
 (though I don't see a simple way to achieve that automatically ATM, only
 manually with a widget or icon)  Without that, I don't see a way to "make
 both sides happy"... :(

 What about using allow-hotplug in /etc/network/interfaces and let udev
 bring the interface up once it is plugged.