Openmoko Bug #1597: after a long suspend time, kernel thread events/0 sits eating 30% cpu

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Oct 8 15:29:29 CEST 2008

#1597: after a long suspend time, kernel thread events/0 sits eating 30% cpu
    Reporter:  raster           |        Owner:  zecke
        Type:  defect           |       Status:  in_testing
Reproducible:                   |     Blocking:

Comment(by werner):

 Just had a device running FSO MS3 do something that looked similar: about
 75% Xglamo, 15% events/0, 5% SDIO Helper. I don't think FSO MS3 ever
 suspends, so this doesn't seem to be related to suspend/resume problems.

 In terms of events actually reported through /dev/input/event*, I only saw
 the accelerometers, pumping out data at about 400kHz. Brutally forcing
 interrupts off (gpio f0=1 g8=1 - warning, that's CPU GPIO output driving
 against interrupt output of the acceleration sensors) made them stop but
 didn't slow down events/0.

 Killing Xglamo also had no effect on events/0. However it's interesting to
 note that the CPU load of events/0 did not increase.

 Note that, after stopping the acceleration sensors from reporting data,
 there was no other significant amount of data coming out of

 Killing virtually all other processes on the system had no effect on

 Throwing a crowbar into SDIO (by disabling the SD clock, gpio e5=0) did
 SDIO Helper and events/0 from running wild. Unfortunately, the Atheros
 stack does not recover when I re-enable the clock.