Openmoko Bug #2080: More sounds

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Fri Oct 24 11:39:25 CEST 2008

#2080: More sounds
 Reporter:  pander          |          Owner:  will
     Type:  enhancement     |         Status:  new
Component:  Graphic Design  |        Version:  Om2007.2
 Severity:  normal          |       Keywords:  sound
 Haspatch:  1               |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                  |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                  |   Reproducible:  always
 As is stated in
 more sounds are needed. So I have compiled a package of extra sounds which
 I would like to request to be included in OM.

 All the sounds are named and ID3 labelled according to the OM conventions.
 All the files have a Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.

 The extra sounds consists of:
 - one extra sms
 - two extra notifications
 - eleven extra ringtones (mostly rings of old telephones)

 The MP3 files are in total 3.4 MB, the OGG files 3.1 MB. However the WAV
 files are 33 MB. I would suggest not to include these in the build.
 Removing all WAV files from artwork/sounds might be a good idea. Please
 consider this.

 The package with extra sounds can be downloaded here:
 and will be deleted on your request when the files are in version control.

 I hope this contribution will make the OM sound 'artwork' more richer.