Openmoko Bug #2056: /etc/resolv.conf is empty on first boot

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sat Oct 25 20:11:27 CEST 2008

#2056: /etc/resolv.conf is empty on first boot
    Reporter:  rwhitby  |        Owner:  john_lee
        Type:  defect   |       Status:  assigned
   Blockedby:           |    Estimated:
 Patchreview:           |     Blocking:
Reproducible:  always   |

Comment(by newkirk):

 Replying to [comment:8 john_lee]:
 > first attempt in 4b3c06b9c8a8a5099251843a06a9e9fa9ebae237
 > still need to get udev right and change auto to allow-hotplug.  also
 need to remove the opendns from resolv.conf if usb unplugged.

 /IS/ udev capable of this given that the USB port is in g_ether mode, not
 usb host?  I was unable to see any reaction whatsoever.  I ended up
 writing support to trigger usb0 up/down off power supply sensing.