Openmoko Bug #1928: Settings don't change the suspend time

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Sep 1 18:56:22 CEST 2008

#1928: Settings don't change the suspend time
    Reporter:  wilk      |        Owner:  marek
        Type:  defect    |       Status:  accepted
Reproducible:  always    |     Blocking:

Comment(by gromgull):

 As someone pointed out somewhere else, this is indeed the X screensaver,
 doing "xset s off" from the terminal will cause the X thing not to appear.
 The unable to open display happens when you try to do this without
 DISPLAY=:0 set.

 Now turning off the screensaver leaves me what this ticket really is for.
 Setting blank or suspend times in the illume-config thingy doesn't
 actually change anything. Now it's just on all the time :)

 Interestingly I cannot manually suspend either, the power button now
 brings up the X screensaver again.