Openmoko Bug #1941: Qtopia Contact cannot shows utf8 correctly

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Sep 1 19:19:51 CEST 2008

#1941: Qtopia Contact cannot shows utf8 correctly
    Reporter:  tick    |        Owner:  tick
        Type:  defect  |       Status:  new
Reproducible:          |     Blocking:

Comment(by zecke):

 src/libraries/qtopiaphonemodem/qmodemphonebook.cpp in the Qtopia tree.

 Everything that Qtopia is doing is to query for the CharSet (AT+CSCS?) of
 the Modem. It is not setting it. When we are going to set it the question
 is what should we set it to?

 ts_100916v070800p.pdf §5.5, should we just set it to UCS2? Qt should be
 able to UCS2 easily.