Openmoko Bug #1951: ps u does not show all user names

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Sep 2 19:46:17 CEST 2008

#1951: ps u does not show all user names
    Reporter:  h.koenig  |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
        Type:  defect    |       Status:  new
Reproducible:            |     Blocking:

Comment(by h.koenig):

 > So it isn't bug. hth

 thanks for the pointer!

 > default width for user is I think 8, if you want more, you could patch
 procps, or use your own format instead of 'u', for instance:
 > $ ps axo

 I think that's not the right way to go.

 so what about using a shorter user name for those accounts ?