Openmoko Bug #1074: Change Root Password

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Sep 2 21:22:43 CEST 2008

#1074: Change Root Password
    Reporter:  ian at  |        Owner:  mickey
        Type:  defect             |       Status:  new
Reproducible:                     |     Blocking:
Changes (by zecke):

  * component:  Applications & Dependencies => Distro

 Setting the distro into release mode (that zaps the password and forbids
 password less login) was reverted before the Om2008.8 release.

 We should have another attempt...We have a patch to bind dropbear on usb0
 only and could ask the user to enter a password at startup...