Openmoko Bug #1972: Wifi interferes with Bluetooth

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Sep 8 15:32:38 CEST 2008

#1972: Wifi interferes with Bluetooth
 Reporter:  Mercury  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal   |       Keywords:  bluetooth, wifi, interference, a2dp
Blockedby:           |   Reproducible:
 Blocking:           |
 == Issue ==
 Bluetooth and wifi don't seem to coexist.  There are lag issues with
 bluetooth when using wifi.

 == Reproducing ==
 1) Listen to something with A2DP headphones (I imagine any other high
 bandwidth bluetooth activity will experience the same problem, but this is
 what I was testing with)
 2) Start up wifi, and run opkg update (Once again, I'm sure any other high
 bandwidth wifi activity will experience the same problem)
 3) Notice that the sound gets choppy, and stops when you're done

 == Software ==
 * Latest update from unstable feed
 * opkg list_installed attached