Openmoko Bug #1974: Enlightenment is slow to start / restart / update

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Sep 9 04:00:21 CEST 2008

#1974: Enlightenment is slow to start / restart / update
    Reporter:  Treviño     |        Owner:  raster
        Type:  defect      |       Status:  new
Reproducible:  always      |     Blocking:

Comment(by raster):

 i can't say. might be the fact that illume is old and based off the old tree that isn't being maintained anymore (it's moved to's svn tree). i put all your .desktop files on my FSO
 build and even added icons for all - and well. e starts up no slower than
 normal really (well it takes a little longer to scan .desktop build the
 app view and then refresh - but a few seconds at most).

 i'm not sure what's up over in 2008.08/09/asu land but as such my FSO
 build of e/illume (a little newer - 0.16.999.043+svnr35888-r11) is
 marching along happily as i'd expect. i can't reproduce here on "current"
 code (i'm not going to roll back to the versions you have as whatever the
 problem is - i can assume is gone or is some problem related to the combo
 being used etc.), but it doesn't exist right now