Openmoko Bug #1976: Redial last called number

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Sep 10 16:20:06 CEST 2008

#1976: Redial last called number
    Reporter:  Treviño      |        Owner:  zecke
        Type:  enhancement  |       Status:  new
Reproducible:               |     Blocking:
Changes (by zecke):

  * keywords:  => HasPatch

 @Implementation: It is fine, maybe the valuespace is not populated from
 the callhistory
   - Yes, redial is one thing I miss a lot...
   - Having a feature that is not easy to discover (no button for it), that
 can be accidently triggered (someone pressed call with an empty number
 accidently and then a complete number gets dialer) are violations of
 common usability standards.

 @Proposal: Add a redial action to the menu of the dialer. This will take
 two clicks (open menu, click on redial) and we can consider exchanging the
 SMS button with the redial action (easy once the code for the action is
 there) in the future. Would you be willing to give that a try?