Openmoko Bug #1728: SMS parser bug?

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Sep 10 20:32:57 CEST 2008

#1728: SMS parser bug?
    Reporter:  odlg    |        Owner:  tick
        Type:  defect  |       Status:  closed
Reproducible:          |     Blocking:

Comment(by wjbaird):

 Yup - I just started getting garbled messages from google again last
 night.   It doesn't seem like all of them are garbled - I last upgraded
 (via OM2008.8 testing) yesterday, but I got some google SMSs yesterday and
 today that were fine, but the last two that I got today were garbled.

 I was only able to find the PDU for one of them:

 However, when I tried to decode this at
 /sms-pdu-encode-decode I see the same thing I see on the OM - the first
 half of the message is fine, and the last half garbled:

 Reminder: EV Team Meeting @ Wed Sep

 I assume this means that the SMS itself was garbled by google?  Or could
 something at a lower level be scrambling the PDU itself?