Openmoko Bug #1995: Qtopia Quicker Finger Scrolling

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Fri Sep 12 04:46:15 CEST 2008

#1995: Qtopia Quicker Finger Scrolling
 Reporter:  Treviño      |          Owner:  zecke
     Type:  enhancement  |         Status:  new
Component:  Qtopia       |        Version:  Om2008.9-dev
 Severity:  normal       |       Keywords:  HasPatch
Blockedby:               |   Reproducible:
 Blocking:               |
 Finger scrolling the qtopia pages is not so easy, that's why I've tried to
 improve it a little.
 The attached patch calculate on the speed of each mouse movement and uses
 this value to increase the scrolling speed.

 So, while before only the dragging-space was considered, now the speed of
 the dragging movement has a role in the scrolling.

 I've tried also to introduce a kind of auto scrolling if the dragging
 power was over some values, but I wasn't able to send automatically to the
 the QScrollBar scroll up/down events every few milliseconds.
 That's why I've added some stub code that actually is used to scroll to
 the begin/end of the list if is the finger scrolling has enough
 acceleration and is made in a quite great space (the values I've hardcoded
 are usable in my tests, give them a try if you want to find better