Openmoko Bug #2004: screen is blank (black) after resume

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Sep 15 05:32:41 CEST 2008

#2004: screen is blank (black) after resume
    Reporter:  ssinger  |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
        Type:  defect   |       Status:  new
Reproducible:           |     Blocking:

Comment(by ssinger):

 Also of note:

 I next tried /etc/init.d/xserver restart from ssh the phone seemed to go
 into suspend.  When I resumed with the power button I heard the click, and
 see some text on the console but it then re-enters suspend (stops
 responding on the network) within 5 seconds. I had to keep hitting the
 power button to resume the phone so it could restart x in 5 second chunks.

 The second attachment is a dump of dmesg after x restarted.
 Power settings were set to blank=>30 seconds, followed by suspend=>5
 with the illume config for all of this.