Openmoko Bug #2010: URLs in SMS messages appear in huge type

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Sep 16 21:31:09 CEST 2008

#2010: URLs in SMS messages appear in huge type
 Reporter:  pottage  |          Owner:  julian_chu
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  new
Component:  Distro   |        Version:
 Severity:  minor    |       Keywords:
Blockedby:           |   Reproducible:  always
 Blocking:           |
 I have received an SMS from my Cellular network operator. There is a URL
 in the message and it is displaying in letters that are about 4 times
 larger than normal.

 It is possible that the network operator has done something special in the
 message to highlight the URL, and the SMS tool is misinterpreting that.