Openmoko Bug #2029: Class 0 SMS wrongly decoded (no UTF-8?)

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Thu Sep 25 05:37:51 CEST 2008

#2029: Class 0 SMS wrongly decoded (no UTF-8?)
    Reporter:  vnevoa   |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
        Type:  defect   |       Status:  new           
    Priority:  normal   |    Milestone:                
   Component:  unknown  |      Version:  Om2008.8      
    Severity:  normal   |   Resolution:                
    Keywords:           |    Blockedby:                
Reproducible:  always   |     Blocking:                

Comment(by erin_yueh): could use this site and it can decode/encode SMS message. Coz I
 tried to read your log, i cannot find that SMS you said it's UCS2 and
 class 0 one.

 but i found it's not SMS problem and it's a supplement service data from
 your operator. since we changed the character set of GSM modem, from IRA
 to UCS2. It seems like this problem. I will cc this bug to Tick. Thanks a
 lot for reporting this bug!

Ticket URL: <> <>
openmoko trac

More information about the buglog mailing list