Openmoko Bug #2257: gsm0710muxd: "Modem does not respond to AT commands"

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sun Apr 12 07:31:15 CEST 2009

#2257: gsm0710muxd: "Modem does not respond to AT commands"
 Reporter:  lindi            |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:  unspecified
 Severity:  major            |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:  sometimes

Comment(by mwester@…):

 The output from nspy may be helpful in tracking down what's really going
 on in the driver. Latest nspy patch (applies to the head of the andy-
 tracking branch) can be found at

 Enable (at boot time would be good) by:

 echo "1" >/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/nspy_enable

 I use the following script to monitor what's going on:

 while /bin/true; do

     cat /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/nspy_buffer
     sleep 1

 Prebuilt kernel (with SHR defconfig) available, for a short only, at:

 (make sure to check the md5sum, my ISP has been known to twiddle bits:
 5e2422398855284e33a2dc3b1ac30167 )