Openmoko Bug #2304: gllin or gps chip produces wrong time stamps

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Aug 24 21:16:08 CEST 2009

#2304: gllin or gps chip produces wrong time stamps
 Reporter:  keroami  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal   |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0        |      Blockedby:
Estimated:           |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:           |   Reproducible:

Comment(by keroami):

 That exact remark was made by me, when I saw time set to 1st of January of
 some strange year (not 1970) by otimed from GPS.
 That I could not reproduce, but this I could.

 You suggest that when GPS gets a fix, times get right including the zone.
 Unfortunately, it doesn't.