Openmoko Bug #2180: stable-tracking: 'rxserr' UART messages

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Tue Jan 20 15:59:04 CET 2009

#2180: stable-tracking: 'rxserr' UART messages
 Reporter:  laforge          |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:
 Severity:  major            |       Keywords:  gps s3x24xx_serial rxerr
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:

Comment(by andy):

 Jan 15 11:40:15 debian-gta02 kernel: rxerr: port ch=0x2c, rxs=0x00000001

 is just before the blowup

 got 552 bytes from:

 where it seems a \x00 byte appeared

 when I look at what the rxs thing is printing, it is the error status
 register, bit 1 suggests "overrun".  What exactly "overrun" means on a
 FIFO UART as a character error indication I dunno yet.