Openmoko Bug #2229: GSM was working fine for months, suddenly will not register using any GSM stack

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Sun Mar 8 15:41:56 CET 2009

#2229: GSM was working fine for months, suddenly will not register using any GSM
stack
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  danek2    |          Owner:  hardware
     Type:  defect    |         Status:  new
Component:  hardware  |        Version:  GTA02v5
 Severity:  normal    |       Keywords:  calypso, gsm, registration
 Haspatch:  0         |      Blockedby:
Estimated:            |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:            |   Reproducible:  always
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment(by danek2):

 I recently saw a message on the support list giving instructions on how to
 fix u-boot environment from the NOR u-boot console. I did this and can now
 successfully boot from NAND u-boot for the first time in several months.
 (See http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td2391517)

 I was excited, as I was hoping that fixing the u-boot environment would
 somehow make GSM start working again, even though booting from NAND had
 stopped working a couple of months before GSM stopped working.
 Unfortunately, after booting the phone, and reflashing a few times, I
 still could not get GSM to register.

 I am attaching a new log file taken from logread after the u-boot env fix.
 It still seems to be doing the same thing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2229#comment:1>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>