Openmoko Bug #2209: alsactl restore wakes up X

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sun Mar 8 17:24:54 CET 2009

#2209: alsactl restore wakes up X
 Reporter:  lindi            |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal           |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:

Comment(by lindi):

 fd ="/dev/input/event4", os.O_NONBLOCK | os.O_RDONLY)
 fcntl.ioctl(fd, 0x40044590, 1) # EVIOCGRAB

 seems to be a temporary userland fix that prevents X and tty from seeing
 this event. (They won't see AUX or POWER either obviously.)

 When I switch from gsmhandset to stereoout I see keycode 119 release.
 When I do the opposite I see keycode 119 press.