Openmoko Bug #2226: [passwd] crashes (glibc-free()) when NEW password length > 8

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Fri Mar 20 18:36:57 CET 2009

#2226: [passwd] crashes (glibc-free()) when NEW password length > 8
---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Reporter:  leadman                                                     |        Owner:  Nytowl
        Type:  defect                                                      |       Status:  closed
   Blockedby:                                                              |    Estimated:
 Patchreview:                                                              |     Blocking:
Reproducible:  always                                                      |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Comment(by leadman):

 I have tested this again, this bug is still present in testing. Checked at
 testing, "opkg update" on 2009-03-20 CET. Thus should be reopened.
 (Why am I not allowed to change my own ticket's status?).
 Result below:

 root at ESP-PATBEN-LIN:~# ssh test at om
 test at om's password: /* entered users old passwd*/
 test at om-gta02:~$
 test at om-gta02:~$ passwd
 Changing password for test
 Old password: /* entered users old passwd*/
 Enter the new password (minimum of 5, maximum of 8 characters)
 Please use a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
 Enter new password: /* entered string 'dlscow48' */
 *** glibc detected *** passwd: free(): invalid next size (fast):
 0x0001f878 ***
 Aborted
 test at om-gta02:~$ uname -a
 Linux om-gta02 2.6.29-rc2 #1 PREEMPT Thu Mar 19 17:13:24 CET 2009 armv4tl
 unknown

 Let me know if you need additional comment.
 Regards, LeadMan.

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2226#comment:5>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>