Openmoko Bug #2229: GSM was working fine for months, suddenly will not register using any GSM stack

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Thu May 7 18:13:07 CEST 2009

#2229: GSM was working fine for months, suddenly will not register using any GSM
stack
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  danek2    |          Owner:  joerg
     Type:  defect    |         Status:  accepted
Component:  hardware  |        Version:  GTA02v5
 Severity:  critical  |       Keywords:  calypso, gsm, registration
 Haspatch:  0         |      Blockedby:
Estimated:            |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:            |   Reproducible:  always
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Changes (by joerg):

  * severity:  normal => critical

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:10 slm3095om]:
 > How long does the voltage drop have to last to affect the modem? I could
 throw together a "poor man's oscilloscope" using an Arduino board. I can
 sample one of the 10bit ADCs about 500 times per second; that should allow
 me to detect the voltage drop if it last for 4 or 5 milliseconds. Not a
 10MHz scope by a long shot, but is it close enough?

 That would be pretty good. A dropout is for sure in the range of tens of
 ms at least.
 Maybe you could check the schematics / placement and test on both pads of
 R1752 (NC) and on H-TP1701

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2229#comment:11>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>